:)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Over a month

It's been a long time since I updated. Haven't had the time, but specifically, haven't had the connection. This is what's been happening to me over the past month.

After I missed the Shell job, I went for a few more interviews. Some of them, I was sure I would get it, but in the end, no reply on their part. And some jobs, I had the decision to take them up, but it didn't seem convincing. After all that praying, I didn't have peace to settle in any one of them.

Then a friend asked if I wanted to work in Motorola as a contract staff. One month contract. The only motivation for me to take up the offer was the fact that it's more like a part-time job for one month while I continue my job-hunt. And I get paid quite a nice sum for it. I could still attend interviews. It was quite a nice deal. Somehow I felt that this will not be permanent, as it was a monthly renewable contract, but this would at least give me something to do instead of bumming around doing nothing. And I get paid. It's not that my family has got not enough money to support me, but as a guy, there's this inner urge to go out there and make a living for myself, to be independent financially. I was still praying.

So I applied for the job, went for the interview and got it. All this while, I prayed for God to close all the unsuitable doors and open the right ones, and give me peace. So all the other jobs that I thought I could get, was slammed cold in my face and some that I had the option to choose to work with them, just gave me an uncomfortable feeling. Since Motorola is an open door, I felt at peace with the idea.

First week was crazy, as I traveled everyday from Cyberjaya all the way to Tropicana, near Damansara. Distance was one thing, but the jam was the whackiest part. It took me about 20 minutes from Cyberjaya to the Sunway toll, then it was a 1 hour jam from there till my office in Menara Luxor. Without the jam, it would only take about 15-20 minutes. I needed to move out to somewhere nearer.

Thank to Chee Meng, I managed to find a house right behind the Kelana Jaya LRT station, at an affordable price. From there to work, it takes, maximum 20 minutes, even with the traffic jam. So, I have officially moved out of Cyberjaya and can no longer be labeled a Cyberjayan anymore. It took a few nights of mass shifting to get 90% of my things over. During the 2nd week of work, I rushed back to Cyberjaya after dinner, packed up my stuff into the car till there wasn't anymore room space, and drove all the way back to Kelana Jaya. I did this for about 3 nites, reaching back to my new home about 12.30-1 am and start the slow process of unloading and unpacking. By the grace of God, I was fully settled in my new place in a matter of 1 week.

I miss Cyberjaya. I miss my previous housemates:( But it's all part of moving on. Tomorrow will be my last day working in Motorola. After that, I will elaborate further in the coming days. But I haven't had the chance to update coz I have no internet connection in my new home. And in the office, I'm too busy doing my job to write a post. After working for almost a month, I just realized yesterday that I could have written out my post and saved it in a notepad, and upload the post when I get to the office. My bad. Didn't think quick enough.

In the coming days, I will blog about:
1. my job in Motorola
2. what do i do in the office when i'm not doing my job
3. the life after working hours
4. life after university
5. what's happening in church
6. where do i go from here

I really want to thank God for guiding me this far. For not only providing me a temporary job to ease my mind, but also providing me a place to stay that's so convenient. And also providing me with a fixed job...that I will blog about later as mentioned in #6.

God, continue to guide my every footsteps.

No comments: