:)

Sunday, April 27, 2008

funeral for a friend

"Death puts life into perspective"

Yup, it does. Life is like a vapor. One moment you have it, and the next instant, you might not. Fragile. Volatile.

People die everyday, big deal. But when it happens closer to home, that's a different story. Suddenly, it becomes your story. It used to be the loss of someone's parent, or someone's friend. The feeling is distant. Now, it's actually, my friend. It's closer to home. Almost the same age. Young people should never have to die.

I actually know this person on a personal level. I remember Christmas presents. I remember the chats. Graduated. Lost touch for a bit. And then, in an sms, she's gone.

It's sobering, and humbling at the same time. I was on a week's trip covering the east-coast. Battling roads with monstrous vehicles and crazy drivers, in the pouring rain and rough terrain. Trying to rush, destination, to destination. It could have been me. I could have met my Maker. But, I was spared.

"There are 2 things in life you can't run away from: Death & Taxes"

why can't it just be taxes...


I think, a father should never have to bury his child....

2 comments:

Xweing said...

Take care.

And all of us miss Mel, I believe. May she be blessed with God's love.

pitamos said...

u changed ur blog skin! and i see u've a very interesting wish list... hehe