:)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my last 24



I just turned 25, about 2 hours ago. I don't feel any different. It's the same feeling you get when you're aboard an airplane crossing different world time zones. You pass from one time zone to another, you don't feel any different. But all of a sudden, the country you're over is maybe 2 hours behind time from the country you were previously from. You don't feel the change, but it is there.

25 years, or to be more dramatic, a quarter of a century. It's a milestone. I made it this far. And somehow, I am in no celebration mood, just yet. 2 hours prior to my birthday, I was in reminiscing/reflective mode. The question that kept lingering in my thoughts : What have I done with my life?

I've always viewed 25 as a far-off age, something that will not happen to me so soon. But time flies faster than a bullet. At least, you can stop a bullet. But who can stop time? Other than Hiro Nakamura. Now, I find 25 staring me in the face, and asking, what have I to offer?

I know what people say: 25 is only a number. It's just a phase, so what. You'll get over it.
It will definitely pass. No biggie about it. But it's just a personal thing, my personal thing. I viewed 25 as the age, I would be ready. The age where I would be prepared in all facets of life. I am now aware how naive I was. Change doesn't happen in a blink. I can't be perfect just cause the last digit on my age went up by 1. I realize, I am slightly better than I was a year ago, but nevertheless, still unprepared in many ways.

This is a wee bit emo, but before I can find a reason to celebrate, I need to know where I am now, compared to where I was a year ago. I need to find my bearings and see if it matches who I want to be. I need to realign myself to the goals I have. I need, to know that I've grown.

So, what have I done with my life? I'll tell you in the next post:)

2 comments:

Misssiangchin said...

25 years of life, God has lead you to this point..just that sometimes we do not realize the changed HE has made for us...God never expect u to be something huge but he just want us have a personal relationship with him...like a *good buddy* kinda relationship. hEY, 25 years of life, YOU HAVE THE REASON TO CELEBRATE IT!

Happy Birthday Weeliem!~

pitamos said...

blessed bday liem!! 'ur a year older and a year wiser' - view this as more than a cliche.

it's definitely not emo, reflecting n gauging how far u've come.

looking forward to the next post, haha. until then, haf a 'great-yet-thankful-u've-made-it-this-far-25'! :)