:)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Final Lap : Pure Joy!

And so the trimester begins. I'm in my final year now! Wow! Four years have passed by so quickly. The hype used to be our SPM examination. Now, it's about Final Year Projects ( FYP ) and Industrial Training. I have one more year to go before I step out into the working world. This realisation is slowly setting in. Quite scary, come to think of it. I'm reaching the era when I can no longer be branded a 'uni kid' or just 'kid' for that matter. It's that step my dad and mum had to take when they were my age too. I'm just walking that same path...for now.

One more year. One more chance to make things happen. One more round of the routine. Or could it be, one more round into the unknown? One last chance to meet all the people you want to meet in university. One more chance to do all that you can and want as a student. One last opputunity to compete.

Well, I just got my FYP title yesterday. Will be doing this project with Joshua. With everyone rushing for similar topics, we were quite anxious to get our particular title. We prayed and God answered. Now, we got what we wanted. But is it what we really wanted? We're having second thoughts. But, I'm excited. This will be my first chance to assemble a real Light Sabre! How awesome is that? ok, so it isn't exactly a Light Sabre...Saber, whatever! But it still has something to do with laser and optics and fibers.

Our target : get it working so wickedly good, that we can publish a journal on our studies and development of this fiber optic laser and maybe get paid for our design. The lecturer told us, that if we can make it this far, we'd get an A for our FYP. I know it's a long shot, but we have to start somewhere. Who knows, if we miss this, we might still end up with a Light Saber...if Joshua fails to keep my ideas under control *snickers*. I can feel the force, and it's pretty dark.

Next boulder to jump over for now : Maths 5.

Sometimes, obstacles are in the way, so that we are able to put our faith to the test. We do not find problems, but funnily, it will fall out of the sky rite in our way. And when our faith is tested, it develops perseverance in us. Perseverance is a much needed agent for us to fully develop into mature and complete beings, not lacking anything. Time is the essence. That's the problem with instant noodles and fast food. It satisfies hunger at the expanse of total development. And in James 1, it tells us to count all of these as Pure Joy! How nutty is that idea? Pure Joy to face life's crap? Well, you heard it. It may be crap for now, but the final outcome, that is if we are still alive, will lead us on to becoming better beings. So the ultimatum : count the Pure Joy packs that come your way. Woohoo! I feel the joy! Can you feel it?

As Andrew Matthews said , "when you decide to challenge Life, Life always wins". Quite true. So let's just take what Life gives us and make a theme park ticket of it. Roller Coasters are more fun when you got a bunch of freaked-out people sitting together. Don't wait for the Ride to come to an end before you start enjoying life. Why not enjoy and appreciate life while you're still doing the Triple Corkscrew. The view from up there is just awesome.

No comments: