:)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The year of the Pig

The year of the pig/boar (whatever makes you happy) is here. Not being racist, but if you're chinese, you'd probably understand the meaning. It's the 2nd time that this similar year has occured, meaning, I'll be 24 this year! It happens in cycles of 12 years. The next time the 'pig' comes my way, i'll be 36, so on and so forth.
I'm not religious. It so happens that I'm born a Chinese into the year of the pig...

I know this fact, but I can't help saying it again: Time does fly.

I'm already 24, or going to be. What have I done with my life?
I'll leave that for another blog post.

This will be one of the longest holiday I'll have back in Melaka. A whole week! I have been looking forward for this Chinese New Year celebration. It has come and gone pretty quickly. It's already the 4th day of the new year, the chinese one. It's another reminder that since the New Year, the non-chinese one, I still have yet to do my mission and vision statement for myself. It's already the 2nd month into 2007. I have been putting this off. Pardon my reflection. Sometimes, I'm so busy that I don't take time off to reflect. Doing all that as I'm typing this entry.

For this new year, the chinese one, I made it a point to buy new clothes. It's some Chinese tradition that one must clothe himself with new things for the new year. I don't buy into that, but heck, who doesn't like new clothes? So for the past 24 years of my life, I've always worn some new outfit just for kicks. It's probably my upbrining, but I'm totally cool with that. This year, I didn't have anything new to wear. So in the name of Chinese tradition, I went shopping. Neat huh? Got my second pair of Levi's and my first ever Plastic apparel. I hate to admit it, but I've become a Plastic fan.
Thank you, dear shopping companion, for helping me make my selections. It was really fun. We should do it again sometime soon. Your taste makes me feel like I'm an old fart. And no...I'm not gonna wear something that has "We Are Family" on it no matter how cool it looks. Plain corny.

Home's been good. Dad has been imparting lots of 'pearls of wisdom'. But it comes in intermittent barrages. Some of it still has yet to sink in. But it's all good. He did mention that some chapters in life are meant to be left as it is. The other rides will come and go. Just hop on one and see where it takes me to. Who knows what the future holds? It's just one of those precious moments where father and son connect mentally and emotionally, over a couple of bottles of wine:P

I'm still trying to deal with the emotional scars from the past few months. It's been ok...as long as I don't think about it. But when I do, it still hurts. But pain reminds me that it was so good, that's why it hurts so bad. Now who said that? Came across that phrase from some movie. Sometimes I catch myself feeling bitter when I do think about it. But I'm learning to deal with it. When I think too far, I have to bring myself to deal with it a day at a time. My dad said that if I can look as if nothing bad has happened to me, then it could possibly mean that I've overcomed the obstacle and healed. At the moment, I have yet to reach that level. I'm trying to forgive and let go. Just met another friend that shares the same life principle as me: don't go out with your buddies ex. plain ugly. haha.

This week, I thought about you, and it frightens me. Could it be? I really don't know. Why are you invading my thoughts? But it puts a smile on my face:) Time will tell what it's supposed to be.

By the way, did I meantion, it's 5.40am?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forbid all stripes, hawaiian/batik designs and something that has a raincloud on it for the whole year! Hope to go shopping again soon. :D Happy chinese new year. ;)