:)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Advice from the dentist




It's been like 5 years since I stepped foot into a dental clinic for personal purposes. My job requires me to visit lots of dental clinics to promote my product, but it's different when you're the one under the drill.

After so many years, I felt it was time to go for my check-up. As I remember, I was there back in 2003. But after checking with the receptionist, she said I haven't been there since 1999. I think she forgot to record it.Her bad!

Anyhow, this dentist was the same guy I went to as a kid. He's grown slightly older since then, but alot more experienced. Being in the dental chair gives me the shivers. I remember the 5 *blip*ing years of wearing braces. The thought of being helpless in the chair while the dentist drills and pulls and yanks and twists and all that jazz, traumatizing!

I was expecting him to tell me that my tooth were rotten and I need feelings, I mean fillings. But nopes. He didn't. So that was a huge relief. Bottomline, I just had some measly tartar build up, and no, it's not the fish dip. Tartar is badd! It east away your gums. After awhile, you get receeding gums. Big words, but it just means you lose your gum flesh. This will make your teeth look longer. Cool eh? So you will look like some vampire for a bit. When it gets worse...I can't rememeber what happens...but I know that you have to replace them with gold studs and blings. But, you will definitely lose your teeth.

After some scaling, my smileys were good as new. Not much damage was done, but now I had to make sure I don't have to ever go scaling ever in my life. That's what the dentist dared me. In order for that to happen, I need to floss every *blip*ing day. Now, to floss for 28 days straight till it becomes a habit.

So, the lesson for the day (for those ignorant of dental hygiene, like myself) PLEASE Floss your teeth! And floss it correcly. Use proper techniques.

2 comments:

pitamos said...

Wow, didn't know you wore braces. I had them on too :)

rachellmc said...

u wore it for 5 yrs? hehehe.. same here :P