:)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The longest...




This is probably the longest time I've been back in Melaka since I left her when I left for Cyberjaya. Actually, since I started working. As an MMU student, I've had the privilege of having a really long semester break, almost 2 months due to some timetable shifts. Since I started working more than a year ago, I've never been home more than 5 days. This time round, I got slightly more than a week.

Melaka, she's changed so much. The roads seem narrower, while the cars populate the streets like they were mass breeding. Can almost put it as an analogy of a clogged artery needing a bypass. Every's almost jammed during weekends. The prices are going up, food and transport. But still, Melaka, she's a beauty. Gracefully growing old.

To me, Melaka is my haven, my escape. In physical terms, she's refuge for the weary. Whenever I need time out from everything, I come here. Melaka's home. My family's here. And nothing like a good dose of family to put everything into perspective. I thank God that I still have Melaka, and my family. It helps to just get out of routine and be in that hideaway.

I purposedly choose to spend a longer time back here this time round, was mainly for my youngest sister. I realised she's all grown up, almost a teenager. I just became a teenager when she was born. Now, she's touching that phase in her life. It feels like only yesterday, when I could carry her around. Now, she's all grown up. It would look darn silly carrying her now....overgrown baby. I just want to catch her one more time, before she reaches that teenage stage where it's not cool to hang out with big brother anymore.*sighz*

But it's been good, while it lasted. Heading back to KL in a few hours time. My heart feels heavy everytime I think of packing up to head back 'home' in subang. And to hear my sister beg me to stay for at least one more day longer....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww... you're the sweetest korkor la :)

Anonymous said...

dont worry, she'll always look up to you as her big brother even when Malacca starts shooting astronauts into space. :)

-mystic-