:)

Monday, June 02, 2008

To act, in love

This is going to be a love post, but not the mushy type. Sorry to the romance addicts out there:p

There is a revolution taking place, a revolution of love; A time when people will rise and act in love, instead of the hate and anger steadily growing; A time when men and women will rise up to stop injustice, by acts of kindness and love. It is possible. Someday.

Yesterday caught myself in a place where I had all right and reason to lash out brutal verbal melodies. I had a valid cause to give a piece of my mind. A really good piece of it. I could have joined the rest and point a finger. I could have heaped 'insults' in so-called acts of righteousness.

But something caught me, and held me back. The voice said: to act in love.

What's the motive of my actions? Am I acting out of arrogance and pride? Or is it out of love? Did my actions show I really cared, or that I had power?

Sometimes, we don't give people what they deserve (the bad kind of of 'deserve'), but what they need. Sometimes, it takes more courage to restrain giving the ultimate blow. Sometimes, it's ok to let the anger go. Sometimes, it's ok to let insults lie on the floor, than to pick it up, add more ammunition and shoot back.

Sometimes it takes a man, to make the difference.

When I look at this, I know I was once in your shoes. I know the thoughts that filter through your head. I've been there. I know the pain coursing through your heart. I've tasted it. I've acted on what I thought was 'love', only to hold on so tight till it crushed. The feeling is all too familiar. I hope you will see it through my eyes one day, and know that you were made for more than this. I know you were meant for bigger things. I just know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George verwer has a book on this based on his speech he made several years ago with the same title : "Revolution of love" speaking about the same thing. See http://www.houseofmyrrh.com/revolove.htm