:)

Friday, November 21, 2008

New

It's a WRY 8324. In Cantonese, it don't sound so good, easy die. But I guess I got to prove it wrong:) If it's time to go, it's time to go. Someone pointed out, 8 x 3 = 24. Wow!

I received it 6 days after booking it. The experience felt like I was buying insurance. I went to see the sales person, and after a brief negotiation, she asked me to sign on the dotted line. That quick, and that was the beginning of this journey.

The 6 days after the booking flew by quickly. I was excited, yet, trying to be reserved. When I collected it, I was still in a blur. It felt surreal, yet expressionless at the same time. A weird feeling. My colleague who was with me wondered why I was nonchalant about the whole thing. It's called, keeping cool:)

I stepped into it, and I felt I now own it. I've been having 2nd hands all these while. I'm not complaining. I think I've been blessed beyond measure with having 'owned' so many in such a short time. But this time, it's different. It's the 1st brand-new that I've owned, and I bought it. Suddenly, every thing needs to be in place. Suddenly, I'm cleaning off even the slightest smudge. Suddenly, I'm wiping of the rain stains. It's just a noob feeling.

In the service manual, it's stated that it needs the first service after the 1st 1,000km mark, or after 1 month, whichever comes first. In just 5 days of getting it, I've touched 1,000km already. Today, the 8th day, it's over the 1,200km mark. Do I drive a lot.

I think this is a blessing:)

No comments: