:)

Thursday, August 20, 2009

accidents happen

Today was like any normal day, rushing to meet deadlines, weaving through traffic during rush-hour, thinking about what needs to be done in the office and at the meeting afterward, and then.....*bang*

My 9-month old car has been knocked-up. Not too bad, but still needs workshop attention, leaving me car-less for at least a week.

I remember staring blankly ahead at the on-coming traffic, while my thoughts raced through the accomplishments of the day. I heard tyre screeches. I looked up. It was the car in front of me executing an emergency braking. I jammed my brakes as hard as I could. The screech in front ended with a loud metallic thud, a crash. Thoughts flashed through my mind. My life, did NOT flash before my eyes. All I remember was me telling myself that 'this is it, habis'. I braced myself, praying that the distance between my car and the crashed car ahead would buy me some space. I think I blinked. And then I heard my own metallic thud of fiberglass on metal. When I opened my eyes, there was this masterpiece of metal obstructing the fast lane on the LDP. *tada* .

Well done, weeliem.

Above all, I am thankful that I am still alive. It could have been worse. But I was spared a more graphic encounter. Thank you Lord.

On a more coincidental note, all 3 cars had number plates starting with '8'. Life sure is funny.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no liem :( mrrh.... hope you're not too bummed out over it. sokay, stuff happens. *hugs*

pitamos said...

thank God for spared lives man...and that its minor damages..i once heard that broken headlights costs alot more just to replace the old with the new..

Peter Khiew said...

WeeLiam,
A Michaelian and remember taking a picture of you achieving something, right? Actually got to your blog through a link of another Michaelian. Best wishes from us at St Michael's.