:)

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I lost count

DAY 30 something

It's a Saturday, and I'm working. That's the nature of my job. Can't really complain. However, what i learn from this working experience is that, when you are working, time really flies.

The last entry about work was Day 11. Now, I've already lost count. Today is the 19th of November. 2 days ago, on the 17th, is one month of my working here. 1 MONTH!!!! just like that.....

Before I started my training, I told myself that since I'm not going to be studying, I wanted to do this and that. And being in a working environment, I tought I could pull off some of the stuff. Unfortunately, the days pass by so quickly, and it's already a month. I only manage to do some of the things I wanted to within that time. Quite disappointing.

Work really saps the life out of you. For me, I have to work 9 hours a day. And after a long days's work with only and hour break in between, I'm so beat-up I just feel like a zombie.Unlike some of my counter-parts in other companies, I don't have the luxury of 'lepaking' in the office everyday. I wish I had time to surf around and chit chat in the office. But in here, it's a factory....data factory. We work from the moment we get in till we sign off. Of coz there are laughters and jokes in between....which is crucial for our sanity, but there is no time for us to sit idle and do our own thing.

When I get back from work, I tell myself I wanna pick up my guitar, or maybe write a new song, or catch up with old friends, or just doing something important. But all I do when I step into my room is to unwind and let go. It's either watch a movie or play a game. By the time it's over, it's time to sleep. That's the life. Routine and mundane. I'm so thankful for people around. At least I get to have dinner with some of the juniors and remaining trainees. It keeps me connected. Otherwise, it'll just be me and the world.

Now I understand why some people just lose passion for living and life once they start working. They get caught up in the rat-race. I really hope I don't have to face that.........

work beckons.

1 comment:

Leo Koo said...

heys! dinner sometime k? ;)