:)

Friday, January 20, 2006

Processing 70%

Firstly, thank you so much for all your input.
The song writing process is currently underway, with the song reaching 70% to completion. Almost done, with some bits and pieces to be polished up.

Secondly, it is most unfortunate to inform you that I'm not a very skilled song-writer to incorporate all your quotes and phrases into the song. I also regret that I do not understand Hokkien, or any other Chinese dialects for that matter. However, I've found almost each phrase unique, even the Hokkien ones, with the exception of the 'burp'...and I've crystalized them in my 'colorful' book of phrases. These quotes will be reviewed now and then, till an inspiration to write another song comes along. I really hope that I can use them in future.

My initial plan was to combine everything and form a song out of it. But, the connotation of each entry was different from each other. And I felt I would do injustice to each phrase if I just squeezed them all together for the sake of using everything. Some of the entries had a different feel from the other. And it would be a comedy to see the end product. With Hokkien in the picture, it's bizarre. Some had a more serious tone while others a more lighter feel.

So, do forgive me if I have not used your input this time round. I do hope you understand. Nevertheless, I really appreciate every single entry...except for the 'burp', and I really wanna thank you for sharing with me your thoughts. I would post up again any other song inspired by the other phrases when the time comes.

Thank you. And stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoosh, that's fast!

I wanna hear!!! i wan, i wan...;p

*sigh* weeliem the baba kenot understand chinese. (yayy, means can kenakan him in hua yu.)

was wondering whether this's a community webpg initially... like "Weeliem's world" (i.e. Elmo's world?) sorts ;p Kinda scared i accidently ter-stepped into someone's territory (or playground?)...

u seemed weeally good playing around with words though !

-kid-

weeliem said...

hey there kid:)
pretty surprised to see u here.
what are u doing here? ur mum knows?:p

anyways, it's coming out soon. pretty soon.

stay tuned.

-the other kid-