:)

Monday, January 02, 2006

2006 : the better man

*2006 : Restoration *

What does 2006 mean to me:
Another Opportuniy to encounter countless other Opportunities

It's time to rebuild what I once started, but have abandoned when the storms came raging:ME.
The quest to develop a character of gold and a personality that shines brighter than diamonds.
The persuit of excellence: developing the treasures I've been given, secretly hidden.
The reason to let go failures of past, but to remember the lessons learnt.
The mission of finding myself and my destiny in the cracks of brokenness.

Life is getting shorter with each passing year, what am I doing with my life?
There are still missing puzzle pieces. There are still unanswered 'why's.
Life goes on without blinking as humans do.

I have come to terms that life is never perfect. I have lost my innocence and simplicity. I have lost my joy and my smiles. They now come with a price. I am rediscovering my identity. Still, life goes on. And Hope and Love and Joy can be found within the crevices of life's disasters. There is a God, and He sees all things.

I am thankful that no tsunamis happened this time round. I can't help but look at myself and wish I had bucketloads of smiles to give away. Why am I so downcast? Why is my spirit heavy? Scars of disappointments still run deep. I had half hoped those invisible emotional aches would spontaneously disappear as the clock signalled the turn of the year, and replaced with unconditional joy and laughter. But it didn't happen.

The new year's message for me is, it is my choice to be happy. It's a revelation. I needed to hear that. I thank you, friends, who have seen me through my good and my bad. And still accept me as who I am. Who have endlessly never stopped loving me and persued this friendship. Those who have seen me fall and fail miserably, but have helped pick me up instead of trodding over me. I hope to find myself again, or a better version of me.

My gift to You this coming year, is the promise to try, to shine brighter and live louder.

I surrender all.

4 comments:

.:mysh:. said...

*amen*

jacintha said...

~The Sweetest Experience of God's Love Can be Found in Times of Sorrow~

Glad that you are able to pick urself up and rise once again, to embrace the Invisible God...
God has chosen you to be Great...
*Be strong...hugz*

-tha-

Kevin Tang said...

From the ashes of our brokenness the Lord's light will shine through.

Hang in there. Often times healing and renewal come when we least expect it. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I'm a bit too late to give me comment for this. What to do? I only started reading your blog yesterday. So, after 2 months plus, what do you find when you look back? Have you been able to live out what you wish to? Life is all about learning, learning different thing when we are in different stages of life. God spoke to me these few days as I'm struggling with my own thing. He said, "pain can be the instrument of spiritual growth. If we're trained by it, it can push us closer to God and deeper into His Word. it is a means by which He graciously shapes us to be like His Son, gradually giving us the compassion, contentment, tranquility and courage we long and pray for. without pain, we wouldn't be all that God wants us to be. His strength shines brightest through human wekaness."
I'm glad that you are a guy who really thinks. It is good to think. because it helps you to grow. Well, praying for you. Shine for our Lord, reflect His glory in your life.