:)

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Just a prayer away

Dear Lord,
As I lie down to sleep tonight
Do something within my heart
So that when I wake tomorrow to go to church
I know I can face the day
I know I can carry through one more day
Because You live
Because You hold what's taking place in my life in Your own hands

As I wake tomorrow
Give me a renewed understanding of the phrase
"Your mercies are new every morning"
Lift up my spirit and give me joy
Joy that the world can't take away
Give me a fresh knowledge of who You are
So that when I strap on my guitar to worship You
On that stage with everyone else
I know who it is I am giving my worship and praise to
And I can really offer up my heart and life
In worship once again

I know sometimes I fake everything I do
Just to please others
I'm tired of it Lord
I need motivation to live life to the fullest again
It's so hard to see the big picture sometimes

I know this life is not just about me
And there are times I struggle to walk this way
Giving up is so easy
Letting go is so tempting
But deep inside I know there has got to be more to life than just me
There has got to be more than the things that's raging inside
Sometimes I don't understand Lord
Sometimes I wish my heart was transparent for everyone to see
Sometimes I wish I even know what's happening between those burst of emotions
I can't make anything out of it

Teach me sweet surender once again
To take each step slowly knowing for every step I'm making
You are already there
Though others may not understand
You know it already
To not fear tomorrow
For You hold that too

As I sleep tonight
Lord, I want You to know that I still love You

Amen

No comments: