:)

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Wake me up when September ends

This is the month of September. Many people are are asking to be woken up when September ends. I'm feeling it myself. September is looming with 1 major presentation for my FYP and 3 assignments due for my other subjects. I feel the stress, I feel the pressure. To make it a harder blow, the final exams will be about 12 days after the last assignment is handed up. Not much time to study to be exact.

To top up the 'colorful' month of September, I've been to 2 funerals within 1 week. Last Wednesday, when the whole nation was celebrating Independance Day, I took a drive down to Melaka with some friends to attend my classmate's grandmother's funeral. I couldn't offer much, but all I could do was let him know we were there for him. As I'm typing this, I just returned from my ex-CG leader's dad's funeral. It was quite shocking news when I heard her dad has left this world because everything happened so fast. I went again, with nothing much to offer except the knowledge that we were there to support her. This week itself I've heard more than 5 stories about people dying...and these people are mainly young people my age. That makes it harder to swallow:(

Life is short, compared to eternity. Sometimes, life seems meaningless. Everyone wants to find significance in this life. Everyone wants to find meaning, a reason to carry on living. Many are looking for answers to help them thru the cold months of September. Most if the time, I'd rather be 'sleeping'.

To me, reason is like the runway... faith is like the aeroplane which picks up speed and momentum as it moves along reason..until a point where it takes flight...u can't take off without runway, but the runway won't take us to London either! ~ The Hedonese ~

5 comments:

weeliem said...

anonymous : thanks:)

jacintha said...

Hey Wee Liem...

God has blessed you with great friends to support you through. You're not alone.
Let God be your PILLAR of STRENGTH

~God is just a prayer away~
Take care
*bearhugz*

weeliem said...

heys blue,
thanks:)

Anonymous said...

did i say thank you for the tie? oh well.. THANK YOU!!! :D

Dave said...

:) Life is a vapor, live before the face of God.