:)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

How can I make a difference where I am with what I have?

It's been a week, no, exactly 10 days since the last day of NC. Time does fly. And to be honest, I don't have the 'spiritually high' feeling anymore. Camp goers would understand that after a camp, most people would feel 'motivated', and depending on individuals, these feelings would wear off sooner or later. And that's when reality sinks in; that you cannot rely on feelings to keep you motivated in your spiritual journey. I've been to so many camps in my life to know that it won't last forever.

For me, the 'feeling' wore off the moment I reached the foothill of Genting Highlands. As I looked over the city, reality sat in almost immediately, as if waking from a dream. And after a week, nothing much in my life has changed. Situations are the same. People around me are also the same. It shows that after a spiritual experience, nothing changes if you don't make the effort to change the physical realm. I believe that my heart has been touched and moved. But the changes inside won't show unless changes also takes place on the outside. I'm not so naive to think that things will automatically be nice and rosy immediately.

For starters, it came to mind to make the best of what I have in this life. Each person has been born into different situations. And it's our call to make the most of what we have. The parable of the talents in the Bible speaks of it.

How can I make a difference where I am with what I have?

Here's a list of what I've got:
  1. 2 hands ( working well the last time I checked it)
  2. 2 feet (check)
  3. 2 eyes
  4. 2 ears
  5. 1 mouth ( almost said 2)
  6. 1 heart
  7. A great family
  8. A decent-enough education
  9. Great friends around ( you peeps have been awesome blessings )
  10. A car
  11. A guitar
  12. An electric guitar
  13. Ability to play he guitar and piano
  14. 1 life to live

Well, now that I started thinking...the list goes on. But I'd stop here.

Now, for what I can do:

...........

that's for another time.

ac

No comments: