:)

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happenings.

Happenings this week:

1. EASTER EVENT
So far, it's been really falling into place. I believe God came thru for all our needs, eventhough it's just day 2 of 3 of this event. The play went on without any majot hiccups. It was just awesome. Minutes before the actual presentation, it was still fumbly-messy. Things were not coordinated. Glitches here and there. But when the time came for the show to carry on, God made everything perfect. Great job on a play well executed. It was just amazing. I guess Easter Event plays will have brighter futures. The crowd may not be the usual super-packed hall, but it was more than I expected. The band also was just tremendous. I really like the way they blend into the play without disrupting attention. They enhanced the effect of the play. Though restraint had to be exercised, it sounded really good. Alot of people asked me if it was a cd playing. The vocals were also very suitable. They were jut inspiring.

2. MMUSIC UNPLUGGED Sesion III
This is the first time Amplify played in an unplug session. It was a really new experience. To be honest, it was also one of the worst shows put up. Partly our fault, but partly it was the sound system. We're just noobs in this gig affair. So we're not really pros when it comes to fine-tuning the sound on a live set, especially when there's no soundcheck. We couldn't really hear each other and ended up fumling our way through. But it wasn't all that bad. It's just a learning experience for us. Mistakes not to make again. The bands before and after us also had sound problems. However, Love Me Butch really did give a superb performance. Got conned into buying their cd. But it's for a good cause: suppoting local music. Having a really good guitar makes a whole lot difference where sound is concerned.

Amplify was also asked to perform a couple of songs for metropolitan's something's installation night this coming Saturday. I don't know much details, but we had to turn it down. Time is too short on our side. Too many thing to accomplish and too little time. Anyways, I've got a family Japanese Buffet during that time. So something lost, something else gained.


Things that are coming my way:

6/4 - Easter BBQ Nite.
7-13/4 - music practices/fyp
7/4 - leaders meeting
8/4 - pg leaders meeting
14/4 - U-Nite!!
15-16/4 - Audition for Melaka Botb
17/4 - FYP submission
23/4 - Melaka Botb ( if we make it pass the audition )

I'm so....drowning.....

On other thoughts,
1. Sometime life is so ironic, you just shut up.
2. Sometime I don't like you.
3. Sometimes your best isn't good enough.
4. Sometimes we fall to be able to get up.
5. Sometimes I wish you weren't so hard to understand.
6. Sometimes I wish I was in love.
7. Sometimes I wish I was smart.
8. Sometimes you don't understand what's going on...and you still don't.
9. Sometimes it's good to have boobs....it helps you get away with things (pardon me)
10.Sometimes, your words don't match your actions.
11.Sometimes your ignorance is so deafening.
12.Sometimes I wish I could cry.
13.Sometimes, I wish I was free again.
14.Sometimes, ..........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes i find myself listing out a whole lot of
"Sometimes...." too...
i guess it's just this part of your life... towards the end of your studies... final year stress...
sometimes it just gets you...
sometimes i don understand why am i doing here... wish to be free again...
i totally get it...
i myself is in final year too...
can relate myself to most of your thoughts...
HANG IN THERE, brother!

Anonymous said...

“When you come to the end of all the light you know,and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.”
—Edward Teller

Take care Wee Liem.

weeliem said...

this is a journey that many have and will have to pass through huh?
when i think of it, i'm humbled that through this mess, God can still make a way.

Anonymous said...

just know that at the end of all this,
u'll be free again and all that's left are amazement at God
and praises and thanksgiving to the LORD :)

picibel said...

I've come to the point to think that girls of this era is no better than the men they loathe in the past.
so...
don't expect too much- grab hold of the pain to learn communication , learn validation. Most importantly, learn to trust God. Its who we become that matters the most than who we end up with.