:)

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I HAD Optimus Prime in my hands...


This is a MUST post. I held Optimus Prime (with Bone Crusher) in my hands....for a good 10 seconds....before it slipped right under my nose.

I got a call from a friend, that 6 Optimus Prime Voyagers came in, and 5 were immediately grabbed up. There was only one left. And I thought, what luck. I asked him to keep it for me and pass it to me in church on Sunday. They packaged the Optimus Prime together with Bone Crusher as a set.

I was all geared up to get it. I even planned where to put it in my room. I had mental images of how it's gonna be and all. I was excited. Felt like a kid again.

I so happened to be around his area today, and I thought I should probably pop by and collect it since I'm there. So I went, and he unveiled Optimus before me. I held it in my hands a good 10 seconds, just admiring it.

I was just about to swipe my credit card for it, when this family came in. And the dad asked my friend if the Optimus Prime came in yet, as mentioned in the email. He wanted to get it for his son, who was there with him. The kid was so young. My friend pointed at me, and said that I just took the last unit. But since I haven't paid for it, technically, it's still not mine yet.

I took a long hard look at Prime in my hands, and then I looked at the kid. Kinda feels like the scene from the Christmas movie that Arnold Susah-nak-eja acted in. It was a tough choice. If it was just the dad alone, or some other punk my age, I would have just paid immediately. But that kid....he looked so pitiful. I was struggling inside if I should just give it up to him.

Then, I just handed Prime over to him, the kid. I thought that I could at least make on kid happy.

Sighz. So close, yet so far. I had Prime in my hands, but I let it go. Feeling so stupid. Regretting it. I know it's just a friggin' toy, but it's not like an Optimus Prime model comes in all the time. And the worse thing, the dad just took it for granted that I parted with Prime so easily. I really thik that the dad wanted Prime for himself, and used his kid as the scapegoat. Cause, right after I handed Prime over to his son, the dad was going around the shop buying more Transformers stuff. He looked more like the real 'kid' here.

Well, it happens...more to come I guess...

*kicks self in the butt*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* you rock.

(get megatron instead!)

weeliem said...

no doubt that the Decepticons are way cooler..but as toy versions, they suck!
I would have bought Megatron, if he didn't look like a hairy bird with ice-shavings as wings:P

hehe.
thanks
*hugz*

maelstrom said...

bodoh fella..

Eww Gene said...

nooooooooo! yeah but i agree that decepticons are way cooler. why? i dunno its somehow ingrained in me to support the underdogs

Anonymous said...

Isn't the picture an Optimus Prime Leader class? I can't seem to find Optimus Prime Voyager class that looks like that on Google.

Anonymous said...

apa la...

like i said, you're always playing the good guy...or being the Mr. Nice Guy too often...

*shrug*

:p