:)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

My dad...

On Monday, I had to make a trip down to Melaka for an important sales meeting. Went down just before lunch and before I went back in the evening, I made a stop at my house, more like my parent's house, since I don't really live there anymore. Hehe. Always can find uber good food at home:)

My trips back home have always been good and refreshing. It's more than just the love and warmth I get from your family, but also the insights and wisdom that parents try to impart to me.

Most of the trips back, there will be a session where me and my dad will have a talk, either over fruits or wine and cheese:p He will be saying a lot of things, giving lots of advice. I try to pick up everything, but at times, it just overloads.

Anyways, this time round, I was just sharing with him what I was feeling about my work life at this point in time. I was just expressing my doubts and concerns. And then he shared with me his experience.

To simplify it, it went something like this:
I never knew exactly what I wanted. But, I knew what I didn't want! And that was doing paperwork. So I did everything that didn't involve it and it steered me to where I am now. And right now, I like everything that I am doing.

I was like, wow! Sometimes I am trying so hard to figure out what I want, that I miss the signs of what I don't want. What I don't want can lead me to where I am supposed to be and also guide me to find out what I want.

My dad....sometimes he's so quiet....sometimes he's so loud....but nonetheless, still so wise.
My dad, my unsung hero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wise advice. :-)

yes, i hvnt left my marks here for a long time now. doesn't mean i hvnt been visiting. :P

cheers.