:)

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Friday it was Good

I don't really recall much about Good Fridays, as in, the personal happenings of this very day in years past. When I think hard enough, I remember bits and pieces of Easter events and Good Friday services. That's about it.

So,what's so good about Friday? I am brought back to this question every year. As cliched as it sounds, it is indeed the basis for what I belief in today. It's a story of redemptive grace. Until today, I am still trying to comprehend the magnitude of this event. It is beyond me. What if there was no Good Friday? What would I be today?

Questions aside, there is this longing, a close shot to calling it an ache, deep inside me, seeking significance and purpose. I think man was created with an innate desire to achieve success and live a fulfilled life. How is success determined? What is the measure of fulfillment?

Compare this to the saviour who hung on the cross for me. What is all my struggles compared to the Son of God hanging there in my place? Where does success fit in, or even fulfillment? How can I bring myself to be so selfish, when I knew that someone gave up all, so that I can live life, abundantly.

Yet, I still live life, as if it were completely mine. Living in the abundance of the flesh. Living as if I bought this life with my pathetic dollars and cents. Living, ignoring the grace that was shown me. Living, oblivious to the man whose bleeding sides was supposed to be that of mine. Living, sinking into my pity, when grace is there.

Worlds apart. I know. Yet, you still came. Knowing that I would live like this. You still gave. Knowing I would taste you, and still dabble with the glitters of this world. You still took my place...

I hope I will be worthy...No, you already made me worthy. I just hope this light will shine a brighter meaning in my darkened life. I hope I can bring myself to live in that reckless abundance you have already purchased. I have the tickets in my hand, but my feet is not bringing me to the entrance of that life. Another taste of eternity, and I hope I can leave it all behind for that road that leads to where you are.

I am more certain than ever, I need Jesus, the reason why Friday is so good.

Head Over Heel (In this Life)
Switchfoot


Head over here and take me
Head over heels and aching
When I told you I was yours,
I was yours

In this life you're the one place I call home
In this life you're the feeling I belong
In this life you're the flower and the thorn
You're everything that's fair in love and war

I'm coming down like a gun shot
In all these battles that I've fought
You're the mark I'm aiming for
I was yours

In this life you're the one place I call home
In this life you're the feeling I belong
In this life you're the flower and the thorn
You're everything that's fair in love and war
In love and war

Head over heels
Head over heels

In this life I'm stubborn to the core
In this life I've been burning after more
We both know what these open arms are for
You're everything that's fair

In this life you're my only one

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very good one for a good friday wee ;)