:)

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The way to the toilet is through here

Let's play a game. See if you can spot the similarities in these 3 situations:

1) Colleagues farewell dinner
2) Ex-uni mate's birthday dinner
3) Church member's birthday dinner

Yup, it's about food. And, the obvious, it's about dinner! But those are wrong answers. The real answer is, relationship/friendship.

It so happens that all 3 falls on the same night. It's just one me vs 3 different locations around the same time. I would love to attend all three, so I try. I manage to squeeze time for all three, not missing out the most important part of each.

So little time, so much to keep up with. Why can't they see that? Why can't they understand? Why are they not so forgiving? It's not on purpose that I miss out on them. I try, but I can only do so much. Their sarcastic welcomes and sinister comments leaves a bad aftertaste. Some people have already given up trying to strike a balance. What's the use? You still get labeled and branded by the 'unforgiving', anyways. So might as well screw it big time and leave no room for return. On my side, I try. As hard as I possibly can. At the end of the day, isn't it all about people? People = relationships. And sometimes, People = Sh*t.

I can only try so much, and please a few. But as long as my conscience is clear, I'll have to let it be. If they don't understand, it's alrite.

To top the cake of disparity, there the few that I try to maintain contact, but come up against a wall. What's the use? I try. I make small talk, in hopes that it will lead to deeper conversations. I ask their well-being. I try to connect from before. All I get in return is monosyllabic answers, with a dash of silence. It pierces. I know I was wrong in the past, but can we make amends? If you maintain this way, while I try to change, who's in the wrong now? I'm not like that anymore. I've changed. Is there room for grace? Or would I always be facing the judgment seat of erring beyond mortal forgiveness. I ask, but you don't. I inquire, but you stay silent. What kind of relationship is this?

*useless, a chasing after the wind*

On another note, I'm glad that you're all right:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*big hug*

chin up, you :)the sun still shines

pitamos said...

The reason the Lord made us relations of each other is to LOVE them...no matter the outcome, no matter how they perceive us or our intentions, both good/bad.

This past week has not been kind on my side either, but know that there's a reason why we go through seasons like these in our lives.

He wants us to look Him in the eye again. Not merely gaze. :)

Hope that makes sense.

Ellie said...

Hello my dear cousin,

How odd to read your blog when i just went through what you went through. But we try kan?

I tell myself, friends who understand the stands you make and the time you set aside for them are the ones worth keeping. I've dismissed those who had gone silent on me some time ago.

I'd like to think God holds all our relationships. Whether or not they have the same faith.

Oh wells. Don't mind them so :)

hoydenmel said...

*hugs*

Charismatic said...

hey Wee liem. Blogged about...might wanna check it out....