:)

Monday, June 28, 2004

huh??

well...by now most of you would have seen my head...3rd time in my life i'm coloring my hair, 1st time dyeing it completely instead of highlighting ( guess the hairdresser lady must have felt pretty lazy).

well here is the account of the mishap:

in the morning

met my opposite neighbour ( who happens to be a happening grandma in the taman, used to be a hairdresser herself ) and had lil chit-chat with her. she's kinda funky and easy-going kinda person. we would talk about fashion and current hairstyles and how to color and what to use and all that. well, today's topic of discussion was about a new hairdresser nearby who cuts good and charges fair. since i needed a haircut, i thought to myself, y not jsut give it a go. ( the shop i always frequent kinda rips me off if i colored anything )

in the evening

boredom drove me to wanting my new hairdo ASAP...not being vain, but just felt my hair reaching the 'pro-Afro' stage. need to do something quick...before i got dragged into singing 'Coz i got High'.
so i told my mum: i'm going for a haircut, maybe highlight it as well.
mum to me : ok (with a weird look on her face..i wonder why? )
me to mum : bye
mum to me : bye??

found the shop, stepped in to see this young lady, a mother of 2....unfortunately. told her i needed a haircut...and halfway through, asked her the possibility of a highlight. she said that it was hard to be done, so dye the whole head was a better choice (yeah rite!) . well, kewl! soi choose a color and sat back...half way through the process (my head plastered with white colored,stinky smelling substance),
she tells me : boy, i forgot to tell you, but today there was a water cut!
me to her : oh ok....how come?
she to me : dunno? just today only.

it kinda dawned on me, just a bit too late that she should have told me this info a bit earlier.
anyways, too late!

she to me : that means you have to go back and wash yourself lah!
me to her : huh? ( blur)
she to me : easy wan, just wait half an hour...bout 6pm, then you just wash lah. make sure your head don't touch the headrest in your car, if not the dye will spoil it!
me to her : huh?? (again)

so she did her best to comb my dye-laden hair as properly as she could. at this point, my head was completely whitish brown , as though it was filled with shavin cream.
i paid her (reasonable preice, a lil cheaper in fact coz she didn't have water to wash off the bloody dye) and walked out the door, to be met by the gawking stares of the passerbys. mien! felt liek a freak...they must be thinking i'm a freak too...liek a dude to some weird costume party. i could feel their penetrating stares burning my head from the back...sighz. how crappy could it get.

drove back home...got some weird looks from drivers and passsengers from the oncoming traffic as well. good thing my hair didn't cause any accident. entered my house...it was mum's turn to stare! she tot i did the latest fashion style. mien!

anyways...after everything cleaned up and washed, i showed it to mum, who gave a reluctant approval:p
mum to me : i hope when you're ok, you'll go back being your normal self ( must be referring to my piercing and colored hair:p)

i guess she think's i'm going through some teenage life crisis, though i may be in my teens anymore.

mums will always be mums! :D thank God for mother's who rock!

No comments: