:)

Thursday, November 18, 2004

points to pound-er

Points I pondered:

1)What is the role of the computer?

Somehow, our cyber culture has molded a mojority of us to be a pc-dependant society. It's a good thing in one sense, but it has some drawbacks. Met some of my friends studying in IMU over the weekend, and all of them can hardly stare at the pc for more than 30 mins. Here I am; The first thing I do when I wake : Stare at the pc. Then After coming back from class : stare at the pc. In between breaks of free time : stare at the pc. Playing computer games : duh! stare at the pc. Before I sleep : Stare at the pc. Everything revolves around a pc. I find it weird that my other friends prefer to sms instead of using yahoo to communicate (yahoo's free, if you don't consider the breadband bill). freaks! anyways, the downside is that we always communicate through the pc, even if we're 1 meter apart. How slack can this get? We kinda lose a lil bit of our social skills. Some people are so happening online...but in real life, they're so quiet. WE live in a pseudo world. All said and done, the pc still rocks coz we don't need a separate Hi-Fi or television or radio or even go to the movie...though i still do that occasionally. We have it all in the pc, that's if you have your aLtec and your 19inch monitor and a fine graphic and sound card...blah blah blah!

2)Keep your friends close, your enemies even closer

Hmmmm....with enemies like those, who needs friends? but the guy who quoted this sure had a point. respect*

*sucks*

wish i could say more, but time is not permitting me to yack more here...and besides, I'm getting busy with keeping my enemies even closer...*dang*

No comments: