:)

Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 fleeting

It's the last day of 2004. So much has happened. And 2005 awaits tommorrow. To some sadist out there, 2005 is just another year. To me, I like new things. Don't we all? I like 2nd chances. Though each year repeats over and over again, like a brand new day, except it takes way longer, 365.25 days to be exact, I still look forward to New Year's Day. It reminds me of 2nd chance. It reminds me of redemption. It signifies a new phase of my life. Well, in retrospect, here's 2004 at a glance, for me (i tried putting it in order, but some are just random slottings):

-started this blog. on the 10th of Jan, it'd be a year old.
-discovered Switchfoot, and told myself before all the hype that this band is gonna make huge waves. and it did!
-had a sweet valentine. after year's finally had the chance to celebrate Valentine's Day with someone special.
-served in the CFMMU committe as worship director. was a CG leader before this. Kinda gave me perspective to the work i'm doing now.
-pierced my ear. as a reminder for something.
-played for Knil Army. now a part of Knil Army.
-colored my hair the color of copper.
-contemplated of shifting back to Melaka. finally didn't.
-organized IF Camp 2004. was Camp Commander. totally rocked!
-went to Kuching, Sarawak for fun with a bunch of crazy people. spent a week on foreign soil.
-went to Kuching, Sarawak, again for GIG Kuching together with AYA. we rocked Kuching!
-accidentally shaved my lips. ouch!
-got closer to some people in church.
-met some really nice juniors. really appreciate their friendship.
-discovered Loopy Meals.
-read the complete set of The Chronicles of Narnia.
-read John Grisham's, The Pelican Brief.
-read Nicholas Evan's The Horse Whisperer.
-read Single and Loving it.
-read 3 of John Irving's novels : The World According to Garp, A Widow for One Year and A prayer for Owen Meany. Superb novels.
-celebrated NoSpaceBarDAy!
-went for one performance of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra.
-went for 2 plays by the Actor's Studio Bangsar : Election Day and Little Violet.
-went for the Nokia presents Starlight Cinema twice.
-watched Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ.
-met a real Jesus Freak.
-failed 3 papers in all. not proud of it, but it's a reminder to work harder.
-started 'rubber band'. dunno what happened to it now.
-met up with an old Pakistani friend. Now we're really close buds. Can't wait to see him.
-met another kewl dude from Mozambique. he is awesome.
-became 21!
-celebrated my 21st birthday with my family.
-got trashed for being 21.
-got meself a digital camera.
-got Hero, the new dog.
-played for Relax.Fm in CF.
-got betrayed.
-discovered grace.
-drove all the way to taiping and back, within 12 hours for someone very special. furthest i've ever driven.
-organized a family trip to Ipoh.
-visited an orphanage, Rumah Trinity. this will not be my last visit:p
-celebrated Christmas with my family.
-got a new watch for Christmas, after getting a watch for someone else:)
-attended 2 debates from the Worlds 2005 tournament. a historical milestone for MMU.
-reading Darlene Zsech's Kiss of Heavan.

there's so much more I can't recall. But if I remember, I'll post it up.

Goodbye 2004. 2005, Welcome!

No comments: