:)

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

less than 12 hours...topped with insomnia

*insomniac at the moment*

Looking back at my skooling days, I've changed in lots of ways. Some good, some bad. H'anyways, I've become more spontaneous and less ....urm... the word is swimming somewhere in my head, can't seem to fish it out... oh yeah, conservative. I used to think and think and then think again about doing something, which is good, but after awhile, all the thinking holds you back from actually doing anything worthwhile. This impulsive behaviour has benefitted me in several ways, as well as left me in s***holes. I've learnt to live life on the tide, just going with the flow...but,of course, I know the importance of making the right choice and not going with the flow all the time. I've tasted some really enriching experiences, and endured some terrible ones.

For a special friend's birthday, I thought kewl, maybe I could send her home to celebrate with her family. It was a spontaneous decision. I did give it a deep thought...considered all the options...and...ok, went for the idea. A drive close to 300km away from 'home' for a stay of barely 12 hours. The experience: priceless!
Considering that this will be my longest and furthest drive ever, I was a lil excited and tensed. I packed and just went. It was a fleeting moment. The 12 hours flew by faster than a blink. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to be home soon (like a good momma's boy). The place has a nostalgic effect on me. Sentimentalism reaches another high. Even the air feels fresher, not to mention the atmosphere just makes time come close to a stand still. Well, even the oranges, taste something......better than oranges!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Though I travelled so far, I could hardly sleep that nite in that place. I don't know why. I had another 3 hours drive the next day, still I couldn't bring myself to sleep. When I finally slept, it was time to go already. Supposed to leave at 7am, but overslept, and left only bout 9am. The morning air is so much fresher and cleaner than our sucky, Cyberjaya air. so much of this suck! I left with a heavy heart, but I gotta do what I gotta do. miss you.

The drive was long...though how fast I sped (still within the speed limit:p) Was praying i didn't fall asleep. Thank God I reached back to Cyberjaya safe. Was listening to sermon messages all the way. Here's the tricky part. Reached Cyberjaya at 12pm. Supposed to pack and head back to Melaka at 1pm. But I slacked, so I left only bout 2pm....and I was tired already from the previous driving. Before I dozed off on the road...I popped in a sermon tape by Ps Sandra...I awoke immediately. My conclusion from this journey, if you wanna stay up on a long drive but u're tired...stay off the road. But if you really can't, put on an exuberant speaker on. It makes a world of difference than putting on u're favourite band or something with music.

Back in Melaka now...with less than 6 hours of sleep the nite before and about 6 hours on the road...i still can't sleep:( must be insomnia kicking in. Supposedly, I should have been knocked out without mercy on my bed rite now...but here I am typing this. Where's the Valium when I need it?

Hope you have a great birthday alrite:) God bless you! Keep dreaming big!

No comments: