:)

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Happy Birthday

Brother,
It's been 15 years since I first met you
Our worlds were so far apart
But each year
It got closer on the path of colission
And one day
It collided
We served for a greater cause
We dreamed for bigger things
We ran the race
We lived the life
We had music
We had guitars
We studied for the same purpose
We had church
We had GY
We had tuitions
We had tables side by side
We had a CF to run
We had the same friends
We had ... aspirations

As I type this, I'm reminiscing the past
I'm thinking of the life we used to live
I'm seeing the years that passed by
While we were building our dreams

We are where we are because of the choices we made
I still miss the times we used to jam our guitars
I miss the times we used to play for the church as a band
I miss the lepak sessions and sleepovers

From the stealer of my color pencils
To my best friend

How far away is it now?
How far have we gone?
Is best friend still counted?
Or is it the past?
I wish you well as you embark
On a journey different from mine
I still miss your presence
Your absence is still felt
One way or another
The familiar phrase :
"Where's Jason?"
Unheard already

Well, you're still growing
and it's your 22nd year on this planet
Though we're not in the same church
Or in the same CF
Or the same Youth Fellowship
Or in the same group of friends
But we're still serving the same God
So wherever you are
Shake the planet
I'll do my bit

Happy Birthday!

No comments: