:)

Saturday, March 19, 2005

So there was this blog...

I've got nothing anything in particular to say. But since this blog page is open, something's brewing in the faculties of my mind.

When I was a kid, there were lots of kewl things I wanted. There was an era where...what's the name for that dumb toy...wait...I'm thinking...yeah! Power Rangers! dumb toy! anyways, during that time when these bozo-ic toys were the hot items, everyone wanted one...well, except me. I thought it was stupid anyways. 12 year old kids playing with action-figures? Get a life man! But the thing is, it was the hot stuff of that time.

Later in life, Roller-Blades became a trend. Everyone wanted one. OK! I wanted one too! These stuff were way cooler than those lifeless 'action-figures'. You could do lots of wicked stuff on those wheels. But being good parents, mum and dad said NO! WE DON'T WANT OUR LIL' BOY IN A FREAK ACCIDENT AND END UP IN THE HOSPITAL WITH BROKEN BONES! so fine! There went my blades and my chance to impress the chicks.

Then there was the PC era, the Sega era, the super Nintendo 64 era...not to forget teh Internet and chat programs like IRC and ICQ. Man! Those were the fads. Ah! Not to forget, e-mails! Suddenly, almost everyone abandoned snail mails for e-mails. Fortunately, official letters still had to be conveyed the traditional way, else the we'll be having an over-load of postmen...they might get retrenched or maybe...they'll be delivering unwanted babies or something.

When I came to Uni, it was hanphones. All our skooling lives, we survived without those lil' mobile units. And all of the sudden, when we were supposed to get 'higher' education, this evil device in the form of a tech gadget comes our way. And then, we become so dependant on those things, that some are rendered helpless or hopeless, if ever they lose those noise-beepers. I for one, admit that I had to undergo that dependant phase. Sick. To some, the handphones became their life. Picture this, we go for a meeting, and the moment the meeting ends, communication among everyone stops, with each participant checking their handphones ( which were apparently on silent mode ) to see if they had any messages or calls. The inner-need for each human to communicate...sad!

Now, it's BLOGS! When I heard of this fad...I was like, "heck! what are blogs?". I got sucked in. Peer-pressure. Everyone has a blog...well, almost. I better get one too. Alas, yours truly is sitting here, a slave to the need to get something online publicly to be heard. Okok. It wasn't really much of peer-pressure:p *in your face* I did it coz I thought it was a high-tech way of keep journal cum diary...or is it the other way around. Whatev. I did it for me. I don't care if you readers out there are pissed of at me for telling about my doings each day. But after awhile, I got bored of reading my own doings for each day. hehe. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with this blog. I admire some blogs because the stuff they post up are really controversial, and I like the way they use their language to voice out their opinions. With ease and grace. Makes me feel stupid sometimes. So now, I just put up stuff that means alot to me...so that down the road I can look back at my archives, and find out the punk who pissed me off and pay him back. ok, kidding. well, more of a treasury of my thoughts. Call it web trash, whatev.

Coming back to topic, there is a boom in blogs! One person gets a blog...or maybe two or three, and then they influence their friends to get blogs...and then the whole community has their own personal blog...each and everyone one of them. Sighz. Sometimes you go to their blogs, and you can see signs that they were forced...literally forced to get their blogs on. Poor kids! They're like...I dunno what to say anymore...and on the comment boards, their good friends will be 'cheering' them on to post up stuff. Leave the poor kid alone man! I mean, can't he have his own personal life without sharing it with every single tom, dick or harry in the cyber world? Btw, how did I get here?

Chill:) According to an add I saw somewhere on the internet, I think there are about a few million bloggers in the world. hmmmm.... It's the current fad. You have kids as young as 10-11 years old up to the older adults, having blogs. Apparently, most of the kids type stuff nobody wants to read:P But there are a few good blogs around. Scout them yourself.

One thing I'm beginning to dislike about blogs is it totally cuts out communication. Sometimes, I ask a few people how've they been, and they tell me to go read their blogs. Or I might ask them how the so and so went, and I get that 4 word answer : Go Read My Blog! Crap! It sounds equally as bad at that point of time as Go To Hell! sighz. If that's the case, we all should be blog beings! woohoo! We just type on our blogs every single detail of our lives, and tell the whole world to read our blogs!! What a 'bright' idea.

Well, I hope that we use our blogs to spread a certain awareness and and spread some peace and love...however fits you.

*peace*

No comments: