:)

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Let Go, Let God!

"Let Go and Let God". Sound familiar? I've heard this lots of times. But it will remain empty and meaningless if we don't take it literally.

To let go, is a conscious act. If it was 'unconsciously' done, the better word would have been, 'slipped'. Letting go speaks of releasing something close to your heart. Sometimes, we let go of small things, sometimes, the big things. Either way, it might hurt.

For a normal man, what happens when we let go? When we remove something from it's place, what should be there to replace the empty spot? We could always leave it blank, but somehow, the emptiness there will only remind us of the thing we had. Like a missing book on a packed shelf is always noticeable. Many times, when people let got of something, they just leave the empty slot, empty. And that's when rubbish starts to fill it up. That's when letting go becomes bad.

I thank God that I have God to count on. For this cause, I know I can let go, and let God. I let God fill that emptiness. I let God work in that gap. It's always a temptation to drive God out of the gap and just leave it empty, like a tribute. But what for? Everyday, I live under grace. I carry on, letting God do that work in the gap. To mend whatever needs repair. Submit. Constant surrender. To continually place the living sacrifice on the altar.

God, see me through.

No comments: