:)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Day 10 : Celebration Sunday

Parents came up today:) Another day that we could worship God as a family under one roof. I'm beginning to treasure these moments. As me and my sister step out of home, I realize we're spreading our wings to fly. And sooner or later, we'll go our own ways. It won't be the same. So whenever we meet as a family, it's just priceless.

The chairman for today did a small mistake. It's funny. He said let's pray for the MMU Mission Team in the Philippines. And as he read out the names, he mentioned my name as well. It felt weird. Cause, the people around me were looking at me in puzzlement. What was I still doing here if they were still praying for the missions team. Then the chairman saw me amidst the crowd and told the congregation the team was probably back since I was here in the service.

Thinking about this whole thing, there's so much that I'm experiencing here that I wouldn't be able to if I had gone to the Philippines. Some of the more important things, is celebrating Father's Day with my dad. He said it was the best Father's Day gift he's ever had. I felt bad that I couldn't get him anything. I was planning to get him something from the Philippines. But he said me being here with him to celebrate was the best thing I could give him. This Father's Day, not one of us was missing:) We were all 'intact' as a family.

Other than that, me being here in Cyberjaya during this period, I've been able to help me sister settle down. She's doing fine so far. But I manage to hook her up with some fo my friends that would be able to advice her in the course she's going to take. Then I also introduced her to most of my friends that are in the CF. And I also got to meet her friends. I never thought I'd be one brother to look after my sister. But I guess I'm doing my job as an older brother after all.

Then today, we manage to celebrate my sister's 'early' birthday....as a family. Her birthday is not till the 27th, but my parents wanted to celebrate for her because they might not be able to see her during the week. So it was good that I was around. At least I was there and not becoming a 'hole' in the family. And it's the same for my dad's case; I was hoping to buy her something from the Philippines as well. So much for it:)

I guess there's so much to thank God for :) More than I can even think or imagine.

Thank You Lord!