:)

Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 4 : Hoping to find purpose

A friend of mine also failed his paper. And I've been accompanying him in the library. At least I know I'm not alone. Having company helps ease the burden.

Maybe I'm supposed to stay behind to keep him company.I don't know. Just maybe. I'm still trying to make sense of everything. I'm trying to see how the puzzle fits. Everything just doesn't seem to have meaning. As the saying goes, " everything happens for a reason". I'm seeking that reason.

Today, manage to get help from one of the tutors. He's been a tremendous help. I'm learning alot. He's doing what he can to ensure I make it pass this exam. On my part, I really have to humbly ask him to teach me all the forgotten fundamentals of this subject. I really appreciate him making time to teach me things I should already know. For this, I'm indebted to him. My reward to him is to make sure I pass this paper.

As I was walking out of the office, I met his other tutor friend, which also happens to be my friend. This is the guy that got me connected to the tutor who is coaching me. He's also been very helpful in giving me advice and encouragement in a time like this. I'm thankful that he hasn't given up hope on me. Therefore, he says that I shouldn't give up hope on myself. On their part, they are doing all they can to make sure I make it. So I have to do my part and finish it well. Before I left, he reminded me not to lose faith.

Somehow, faith did play a part. He reminded me, that there must be a reason why I had extended my apartment contract to the end of June instead of ending it in May. At least now I didn't have to run around looking for a place to stay while having to rpepare for the exam. There also had to be a reason why I got to know him only in the last trimester. The fact that I personally befriended him at all, in this lifetime, is a divine 'coincidence'. Our paths hardly crossed beyond an acquaintance hi-and-bye. But somehow, we're more than just acquaintance now. And he was the one that manage to hook me up with the tutor who's been really helping me. Everything did happen for a reason. Not just mere coincidence.

So as I wait, I'm still wanting to see the bigger picture. What is the main reason for me being here. There's definitely got to be something that I needed to do. I don't know.

On a more encouraging note, my friend who also failed just told me that he is giving up smoking for good. So far, it's Day 14 without cigarettes for him. When I met him, he couldn't stop smoking. Now, he's trying his best to put an end to this detrimental habit. And I applaud him for that. The courage to want to stop smoking. This has to be the best news I've heard today. My prayers are with him:)

Still seeking purpose....