:)

Friday, June 23, 2006

Day 8 : Redemption

Today is THE DAY!! yeah, I know the Lord made it too. But today is the Big day. All my days of preparation will be summerised in this 2 hours.

I really thank those who woke me up. In the event that I might carry on sleeping and not wake up, I informed a few people to wake up, just in case.

It's either do or die . I couldn't afford to worry anymore. I decided, just do it. I memorised all the formulas and then headed to the exam hall.

I made it a point to read through every single question, like how my tutor asked me too. Then I attempted my first question. Praise God! I could complete the whole 1st question. It was different from the tutorials I did, but all the days of training helped me define the objective of the question and answer it.

My tutor and lecturer both told me that I needed about 40 marks out of 100 to pass. I had a good carry up mark. So I needed this 40/100 to add on to that carry mark and pass. They both told me, you need to answer 2 complete questions. Try a 3rd, if possible. They said that this time, it's not about scoring, but passing. So, it was important that I do the sufficient few that I could and do it well. And have some for backup. My lecturer told me that as long as I could write down the proper formulas for the question and substitute it properly, I could get some marks. So the summary, just do 2 questions. 1 more just in case.

It was difficult choosing the 2nd question because all looked equally tough, with some part I didn't know how to do. But the 1st completed question gave me confidence. God was with me in the examination. The 2nd question, I could do more than half, but the last bit, I got stuck. So instead of thinking how to do, I hopped on to my 3rd. The 1st half of the third, I didn't know how to do it. Could be due to the panic, I forgot it's application. But I manage to come up with something for the 2nd part. Then I was checking over and over again.

If all goes well, I should be able to pass. I did the required 2 questions. Then add the few more parts I did to cover the parts I couldn't do, it should suffice. Even if I pass by the skin of my teeth, I don't care, I just want to pass this and move on with my life:)

Thank you Lord for being faithful. Even when I am faithless.

The team would be doing their second concert tonite. I so wish I could be there to join them. There was no outgoing Air Asia flight for the day. The earliest would be the next day. But after much checking, the cheapest ticket would cost RM 1075. *Sighs*. I did ask God for a sign if I should still go after the papers. The sign would be someone would give me sufficient cash to purchase the ticket, or that Air Asia would have a promotion or something that would make it more feasible to make my trip to the Philippines. I concluded that since none of this happened, it wasn't meant to be then. *double sighs*

It's written somewhere in the Bible that man can plot and scheme, but it is the Lord who determines their steps. So there goes all my planning and scheming. The Lord has determined I shoudn't go. Well, maybe there would be other things to look out for while I'm back here. I should keep my eyes open.

For dinner, my tutors friend, who was also my friend treated me to dinner. He said it was for the hard work I had put in for this paper. I felt so bad. I'm putting in hard work because I failed the first time...and still he's treating me. I really enjoyed the talk over the dinner. Made me realise that there is more to life than exams. And after every failure, to pick yourself up and move on. Sometimes, university is the preparation for bigger things to come. It's boot camp. It does not show exactly the world for how it is, but it's just a preparation stage. The most important thing is to accept the situation and move on. Don't stay there in the mud. Pick yourself up and carry on, mud-stained and all. Just move along. God willling, things will become better. But first, admit your situation. This whole process has taught me some valueble lessons in life.

4 comments:

jacintha said...

Hey ya......

You wanna know something. I think you have grown so much from DAY 1 till DAY 8, i'm sure you agree with me too...haha...

I'm glad to see that you're back on your feet again. Really glad that you could see beauty in the midst of brokeness and most importantly you could still see God in your life. I'm truly encouraged to see you rise above your cirmcumstances.

The way you embraced God as the one and only person who is there for you and who is able to see you through is just amazing. And yeah, at times we just feel so alone with no one who really understands. Run to God, the way you did... yeah...no one understands you better than He.

You'll do fine for the paper..=)
See you at our house soon...=P

-tha-

Anonymous said...

oi.. havent visit ur blog for quite a long time....
glad to hear u r ok dy...

trust in the Lord ya..

rock on

vics

Jowen said...

God bless you bro, I am sure you did more then just passing the paper. Have faith alrites?

Take care :)

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» »