:)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Day 9 : Teenacity

I've been approached to serve in Teenacity, the teens ministry in my church. I've a heart for young people and I would love to serve in this area. I want to be a part of these teenagers life and build it. But when I think of the time and committment, I shudder. It's really an investment of your time, money, sweat, tears, blood....

I told them I would be in the Philippines around this time, so I wouldn't be able to help out just yet. But God had other plans. So, here I was, without an excuse not to go for their meeting. Today was my first Teenacity experience!

It was in a way fun. More relaxed than normal service. It really brought back alot of memories of my teenage days, when I was serving in my Youth Fellowship back home. It's almost the same. Painting the Wall of Faith, reminded me of painting the wall of my youth hall back then. The worship session was raw....as in, there weren't that many songs or fancy bands, but just a simple setup, yet exuberant worship. It was just awesome. Sometimes, worship sessions should just be stripped down to this. The rawness of it, yet with full sincerity. And the sight of so many teenagers. Reminded me that I was once their age. Mien! I feel old! Then the message. It was downright like a pep talk. It was simple and applicable. I felt, this is what I want to do. Invest in young people's lives. Someone believed in me, that's why I'm where I am today. Someone prayed for me, that's why I am where I am today too. I get a feeling that serving in this teens ministry is gonna suck the life out of me. It's gonna be alot of emotional and spiritual investment, as you start clicking with the teens and getting into their lives in a positive way, sticking up for them and spurring them on. It's tiring, but at the end of the day, when you see them realise their potential and start to soar, you know it's worth it.

Today was a whole good day in church. With sister and friends. I'm still trying to see the bigger picture. Why am I here....

Lord, show me. I don't want to miss out the reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Ionamin to buy Lexus chrome license plate frames Aruba voice over ip Venlafaxine flair