:)

Sunday, January 25, 2004

diversity,family tree,roots,blood-ties,snooker??

whoah! it's already the 3rd day of the Chinese New Year...going on to the 4th day! time sure flies! didn't have time to blog yesterday.was so caught up with loads of stuff. read ah-beng's blog just only and felt 'convicted' to keep up my own blog too.i'm supposed to make this blog a personal affair between me and my blog thoughts....sometimes i just feel lazy:P bad me!

anyways, a recap of yesterday: woke up just feeling like any other day....somehow, didn't feel the new year mood anymore:( relatives came over late in the morning......nothing much happened.....then shortly after that.....another set of relatives came.....wats different about this family that came is that my aunt from that family is my mum's sister that married a Malay man and moved somewhere south. i hardly ever see them...i think about only once a year......and for me, i feel that i hardly know them....which i deeply regret. they're part of my family yet...they seem so far away. i marvel the diversity of my family tree. somehow i wish i could bridge the gap. i have 5 Malay speaking cousins...and in a way i'm ashamed that after all this years of Bahasa Malaysia education, i find it so difficult to hold a Bahasa conversation for more than 5 sentences:( shame on me! i wanted to be able to talk to these cousins of mine and catch up on stuff....but the age gap...and other 'gaps' made me feel so helpless and speechless in my seat. so.....i sat there with my mum (who was happily chatting away with the other folks) being quiet and smiling like a 'dumba**' hehe! this are the treasures of the diversity of my family roots that i have yet to unlock......sighz

later in the night, we had another family dinner.....and after dinner i invited my cousins out for a game of snooker....been having an urge to 'snook' since i got back here:p (btw, it's a clean and healthy game for you prejudiced people) and thankfully, my cousins also fancy snooker quite a bit. kinda lost contact with my cousins for awhile and i thought this might be a good oppurtunity to keep in touch with them......i have seen how relatives just break away...too caught up with their own plans, and forget about their blood ties.it was a good time we had....just having some fun and updating one another.....i look at my mum and i admire the closeness in family bond that she has with my other uncles and aunts, eventhough they may be so far away. i have to carry on that torch....so better start building and maintaining the relationships i have now with my relatives. btw....we suck at snooker.....1 and a half hours and we couldn't even shove all the balls into the holes. pardon me for being a bit obscene. we still had 3 more balls to go....but then they had curfew....so had to respect that.

No comments: