:)

Thursday, January 22, 2004

little joys in life

woke up ....real early today! it's Chinese New Year's Eve! and work has to be done.....mien! feeling nostalgia setting in.ever since i came back....waves upon waves of nostalgic flashbacks have been hitting me all over.

1. walked around the house and had breakfast with my family....it felt great! eating once again with ur loved ones, the most important meal of the day! somehow, the walk around the house, especially with this Chinese New Year wind blowing through it kinda game me the dreamy kinda feeling:) *sweet*
2. washed the car....like what we do all the time. felt great to be working alongside my sister's again..for a common cause:P mien! can't believe my youngest sis is wearing specs...at the age of 7....sighs....this myopic disease sure doesn't give face:p my sis is so young...yet she looks so much older:( darn specs!
3. took a walk in my garden.the garden that my mum and dad laboured on for over 10 years. somehow, today i noticed the beauty of the garden. didn't see it before! took 10 ++ years for me to notice their toils and labour! i was filled with awe....the God makes things beautiful in it's time! yeah,sure my parents took care of the garden, but it was God that made thigns grow! i saw so many flowers and plants and mien, they looked good....so tender and tranquil, yet majestic in it's God-given beauty. for a moment there, all i could do was thank God for beauty. the beauty...all in my garden! if plants can make a soul like me thank God and keep believeing in Him, what more the vast universe! how can some people be so blind and praise 'Coincidence' for creating everything....real Dumb!
4.lunch time! mum did a real good job with the cooking. had steak! whoopee!sure missed mum's cooking.i dunno bout u guys, but i'm proud enough to say that my mum is the best cook in the world! to make things sweeter...the whole family was there at lunch time...*sweet part 2* if u guys hungry for food and fellowship, the doors always open:)
5.watched Liar Liar with my sisters. sweet show....show's how lying cant damage ur life:P wished *bubblez* was here watching it with me.really missed her lots.
6.slept.....somehow.....sleep here in melaka taste better than the sleeps in cyberjaya:-? wonder why? dunno
7.reunion time-good food-good fellowship! met my grandma in that odd looking kewl house of hers. shucks! wish i could speak hokkien, now have to converse with her in broken BM. good to see my unc and aunts and a cousin!food was good....i wonder how come every year, we eat the same thing:-? but dun keh..still taste good. then headed over to another uncle's house for bbq cum supper. it was also good food! today i feasted.

here i am now...blogging as usual! keeping up with the change of times.

things i learnt today: that at the end of the day, it boils down to family...and friends. after all is said and done....your family is the one who'll be there for you.so you ppl out there, thank God you have families! and invest in ur family....if u don't, u'll live to regret it.if families dun come in handy, we always have friends...so be careful to make friends and not lose 'em. either way....have both, invest in both and bless both.

got to go.....it's getting late....dun wanna miss out on the New Year:) happy celebrating you guys:)

No comments: