:)

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Transformation Sunday-Let Go

Woke up today with the usual feeling of not enough sleep, but dressed up for church and tried to look my best. said a prayer, a short simple petition to commit myself to Him for the sunday's service. nothing spectacular, except the usual sunday preparation. today was a bit different coz i wasn't on duty.so i took my time. followed's benny's car to church.

on the way, i read this book titled "the Fourth Wise Man" by Henry van Dyke. pretty interesting:) talks about the perspective of the fourth wise man, who together with his 3 other Magi friends went in search for the Infant King to be born in Bethlehem. the story touched me so much coz the fourth wise man, called Artaban, was diligently seeking the birth of Jesus. he and his friends have been reading the old scriptures and they were sure after much searching that the birth of Christ falls on that year. so they sold off all they had to buy precious gifts to present to this Newborn King. I was halfway through the story when i reached church, so i have yet to complete the book to find out the ending. however, the touching part about this this story was when Artaban had to meet his other Magi friends at a designated time and place before leaving together in search of the baby Jesus, but he was delayed by a dying Hebrew, which he looked after. and coz of this, was left out by his friends on the journey.

"But if he went on now, the man would surely die.if he stayed, life might be restored.his spirit throbbed and fluttered with the urgency of the crisis.should he risk the great reward of his divine faith for the sake of a single deed of human love? should he turn aside, if only for a moment, from the following of the star, to give a cup of cold water to a poor, perishing Hebrew?"

this story has yet to be continued......

anyways, here i was in church, preparing my heart for worship. and in the worship.....i guess God came:) it's been so long since i manage to just sit back and worship coz for the past few weeks, i've been on duty. i told myself today before the songs started to flow that i'll just worship God with all my heart and not let myself be distracted by my surroundings....like i usually am:P and in the midst of the songs, i felt that my audience was God and i tried singing him the best i could. i was totally lost in the moment that when i opened my eyes, my orientation was way off. i must have looked weird to the guy who standing beside me coz when i opened my eyes i was facing him:P
I was touched by the love of God for eventhough He was a Holy God, he still loved me so much, past all my unholiness. was really humbled:| i'm so thankful for that encounter:) made me realise that my life has a higher purpose than just existing.

i seek to be inspired by You, Holy God
You have amazed me again
i seek to be enraptured by You, Simply God
the very least that You are

all that i desire, is found in that secret place
all that You require, is brokenness in me

one more encounter with You, in this place
where Your grace so abounds
one more invasion of love, to this heart
where Your hand reachess down

at the altar of surrender
is where my heart is laid
at the table of communion
is where my soul finds strength


thank you Jesus for Your love, never failing, always abiding

at the end of the sermon which was mind-blowing, i answered the altar call and God spoke to me through the person praying for me. The person didn't know much about me, but what he prayed for me was something really profound that i knew the words of wisdom that departed from his mouth wasn't from him, but of someone greater-God! Only God could have known what i was going through and only He knows the answer. Let Go! and .....well i guess....Let God! :) thank you Jesus for letting me know You're still there:D

gotta go ....... more is yet to come:)

No comments: